The attorneys at the Law Offices of Christopher Zander & Associates are misdemeanor lawyers servicing the areas of Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernardino.
If you are facing a misdemeanor charge, the experienced Southern California misdemeanor attorneys at the Law Offices of Christopher Zander & Associates will work to completely dismiss your misdemeanor charge or get it reduced.
All California Penal Code (PC) misdemeanors are crimes that are considered to be less serious than felonies, but if convicted of a misdemeanor you could still face up to one year in county jail time and substantial fines. If you are facing multiple misdemeanor charges in the courts of Orange County, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside or San Diego, these charges can quickly add up to thousands of dollars and many months in jail. This why you need a professional misdemeanor defense lawyer on your side RIGHT NOW.
WHY YOU NEED AN EXPERT MISDEMEANOR DEFENSE ATTORNEY
Many people tend to dismiss misdemeanor charges as “nothing serious,” but the punishment for being convicted of a misdemeanor charge can be very serious. A misdemeanor can seriously disrupt your life with penalties including, jail time, major fines, community service, public work service, probation, court mandated counseling, and restraining orders.
When facing a misdemeanor charge, even if you are facing a low-level misdemeanor charge like being drunk-in-public or vandalism, you have to understand being convicted of a misdemeanor will result in this charge showing up on background checks. Important background checks for potential jobs and even housing applications; stresses which could make obtaining a job or home more difficult.
CALL THE LAW OFFICES OF CHRISTOPHER ZANDER & ASSOCIATES TO AVOID SURPRISES
Our FIRM sees it all the time, when somebody is arrested, perhaps the police officer will explain to the suspect the crime they are facing is only a misdemeanor. Many suspects think it is not “that big of a deal,” but come their court date they discover they are being charged with a felony.
If you’re being charged with a misdemeanor, even a low-level misdemeanor, you must retain the Law Offices of Christopher Zander & Associates right away so we can make sure your misdemeanor charge stays a misdemeanor charge, and we can work out a deal with the courts to reduce your charges.
For your misdemeanor to be elevated to a felony, the district attorney looks at the seriousness of the crime, how severe the injuries were to the victim(s), what kind of weapon was used during the crime, and your criminal history.
Showing up at court and suddenly finding out that you are being charged with a much more serious charge that can possibly send you to state prison, can be devastating for you and your family. That is why you must contact our experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Christopher Zander & Associates today.
TYPICAL MISDEMEANOR CRIMES
Our Orange County misdemeanor attorney Christopher Zander from Irvine, Westminster, Costa Mesa, Fullerton, Newport Beach, Santa Ana and Huntington Beach explains, there are many types of crimes that are classified as misdemeanors. Some of the most common misdemeanor crimes include:
• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE – Under PC 273.5 corporal injury, commonly charged in domestic violence cases, is the crime of inflicting bodily injury on your spouse.
• VIOLATION OF RESTRAINING ORDERS – If you’ve violated an emergency restraining order, domestic violence restraining order (DVRO) or civil harassment order you could be charged with a misdemeanor.
• FALSE IMPRISONMENT – Under PC 236 false imprisonment is unlawfully detaining a person on the street, or forcing a person to move one place to another.
• DUI – If you’re under the influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug, or both, it is unlawful to drive a vehicle under California Vehicle Code 23152.
• SHOPLIFTING/PETTY THEFT – Under PC 484 and PC 488 Petty Theft is the stealing of property valued up to $950.
• RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY – Under PC 496 it is a crime to buy, sell, receive, conceal, or withhold property you know to be stolen.
• AUTO THEFT – The crime of auto theft under CVC 10851 if you take a car that is not yours without the owner’s consent.
• CRIMINAL THREAT – Under PC 422 this is when you make a threat that puts somebody else’s life fear and danger.
• MISDEMEANOR MARIJUANA – If caught with marijuana you could face possible misdemeanor charges.
• PROBATION VIOLATIONS – Probation violation can vary from major personal restrictions to simply appearing in court once a year, and any slight violation can result in a probation violation.
• LEWD CONDUCT – Lewd acts under PC 647(a) is when a person, “solicits anyone to engage in or engages in lewd or dissolute conduct in any public place or in any place open to the public or exposed to public view.”
• ASSAULT & BATTERY – Assault, under PC 240, is the attempt to injure another person, and battery, under PC 242, is physically making contact with the other person.
• PROSTITUTION – Under 647(b) prostitution is the act of engaging in sexual acts for money.
• DRIVING WITHOUT A LICENSE – If you are caught driving without a license you may be charged with a misdemeanor.
• MISDEMEANOR HIT & RUN – Under CVC 20002 if you’re involved in an accident and leave the scene of an accident after allegedly damaging somebody else’s car or property, you could be charged with misdemeanor hit and run.
• VANDALISM – Vandalism is defined under PC 594 as, “Every person who maliciously […] defaces property with graffiti or other inscribed material.”
• DRUNK IN PUBLIC – According to PC 647(f) if you were under the influence, in a public place, and unable to exercise care for your own safety and the safety of others, you could be charged with this crime.
Our Southern California misdemeanor defense lawyers will work to keep your charges at the much less serious misdemeanor level. Our misdemeanor lawyers have well over a decade of experience in the courts in successfully knowing how to keep even the most serious crime from becoming a felony.
EXPERIENCE BREED RESULTS
The Law Offices of Christopher Zander & Associates have rightfully earned the reputation of being the toughest, most knowledgeable, and aggressive misdemeanor defense attorneys in all of Southern California. Our FIRM handles the most difficult MISDEMEANOR cases in the courts of Orange County, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego. Our goal is to ALWAYS WIN YOUR case – we settle for nothing less.
FREE CONFIDENTIAL CONSULTATION
Contact ocDEFENSEfirm operated by the Law Offices of Christopher Zander & Associates today at 949-464-8073 for a free consultation.
4590 MacArthur, Suite 500
Newport Beach, CA 92660
SAN DIEGO COUNTY
101 W. Broadway, Suite 1770
San Diego, CA 92101
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this website should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.